Monday, September 7, 2015

#cynjon engagement ring

So the engagement ring was a hot topic after we got our house, we bickered, we made up, we quarreled again, we made up, i guessed his intentions, he guessed my intentions, i told him what i want, he try to place together what i want. Hahah! I was waiting not-so-patiently for the ring after we bought the house in Dec 2012. And i finally saw it on July 2014, what a long wait, right girls? Hahha! But its all worth it! I have never wanted a solitaire or white diamond, from the very beginning, because its just too common, I was absolutely smitten by the yellow diamond, I reckon Tiffany's marketing worked! Hahah!


Olivia Palermo

Heidi Klum

Nicki Minaj

Carrie Underwood

Iggy Azalea

Anna Kournikova

Me being the one constantly obsessed with details, I want the ring to be how I like it to be. So my criteria is:

1. Double Halo, White Diamond
2. Cushion Cut, Yellow Diamond
3. Single Shank, White Diamond
4. The yellow diamond must sit nicely, no gaps
5. Side designs should be nice

I was head over heels with only 1 and only 1 ring, it is the Tiffany Soleste Ring. 2 things I do not like about the Soleste, is the split shank and the side profile.

 The split shank is not very obvious, but i prefer if it is 1 shank.


The side profile, I cant stand the gap and space. I really dont understand. Hahha! I like mine sitting nicely.

Heres how it looks, and the look I was going for!

Doesnt yellow diamond looks so yummy?

So I went to look for more interesting side profiles, of course there is tons of them like Tacori/ Verragio!
but it seems too much... 
and I chance upon the Tiffany Legacy collection, very elegant side, and NO GAPS/SPACE!



So after telling the man all the details above and went through the arduous wait of 1 year 7 months, I finally saw it! Hahhahaha! Throughout the entire period, i sent him tons of reference pics and ask him if this is nice or that is nice, what do you think? Sometimes i change my mind to white diamond/single halo/pear shape, to test if he bought the ring already, hahaha! But he didnt relent, he basically just ignored me, thats when we start bickering, ya i know, what a bitch testing him and all. Hahaha! But i cant help it, the wait was too long. 



Posted by @eclaritysg, the crafting process done by the man.


Taken during the Engagement Party!


Do I love my ring? HELLL friggin YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant stop looking at it, its so shiny and pretty. Mad gorg!!!!! Thank you a million times for giving me this engagement ring! Everything is on point! Hahahah. I was tearing in the picture above and proceeded to sob and cry and bawl my hearts out. -proposal story for another day-

I remember my first reaction after the ring is on my finger is to see the side profile. Hahha! Thats how important it is to me, its a pass or fail criteria. 


The yellow is not obvious on most pictures sadly, especially taken from far, guess its because its a fancy light yellow.

Oh yes, its a yellow diamond everyone, not sapphire or gemstone. Someone commented quietly that it looks so big must be a gemstone, they can never afford a diamond this size, my chopsticks almost flew, just kidding, hahah, my stares flew freely during the whole time though. It is not even priced like its out of this world! People..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment